4 star Hotel: comfort and services, near Venice
Among the most beautiful cities in the world is undoubtedly Venice, which from our hotel near the airport Marco Polo is just over 10 km away.
The reasons to sleep near Venice and then choose to stay at the Venice Resort, are many:
- the proximity to the city,
- the comfort of a 4 star hotel,
- the quiet of a large garden,
- the rooms renovated, large and suitable for disabled,
- great breakfast, hearty, sweet and salty,
- very convenient rates.
Venice is a jewel of architecture, fragile and at the same time will last forever.
Services on request:
- Airport shuttle
- Baby sitter
If you are looking for a comfortable hotel in Venice, suitable for your business trips, Venice Resort offers the perfect environments to organize meetings and congresses, with the technology appropriate and modern standards, but still able to guarantee comfort and elegance, our Resort in Venice is the answer to all your needs.
If we want to show you a reason to visit Venice, we would simply tell you: because “it is Venice”, a unique city in the world, for the location, for the architectural treasures, for its rich cultural, musical and folkloric offer, for its historical and religious, for gastronomy, for the emotions that only here you can feel.
Once you arrive in Venice you immediately realize that you are living a unique emotion in the world, lingering in front of beauties such as the bridge of sighs and the bridge of Rialto, St Mark’s Square with the Basilica and the Bell Tower, the gondolas that gently cross the canals.
A day in Venice must be lived intensely, but there are places that deserve a break, such as the historic Harry’s Bar, the Gran Caffè Quadri and the Florian, without forgetting all those small bars and “bacari”, more hidden but very unique.
However, there are events that we cannot fail to mention, because they are known all over the world.
Here are ones that we think are the most famous:
- The Venice Carnival, with all the events connected and the spectacular flight of the Angel;
- su e zo per i ponti: this solidarity walk takes place between March and April. The complete route is about 12 km and about 10000 people participate every year;
- The Biennale of Architecture: is an event that takes place between May and November, and that involves many areas, from entertainment, art, music, dance, cinema, theater;
- la Festa della Sensa: takes place in May, and is also called “The Marriage of the Sea”, which shows tourists the millennial history of Venice. The feast of the Sensa takes place on the day of the Ascension (Sensa), the day in which the rite of the Marriage of the Sea took place in the Serenissima Republic;
- la Festa del Redentore, la terza domenica di luglio, the third Sunday of July, is one of the most felt by the Venetians, and represents the thanks of the city for having escaped the Bubonic plague of 1575/76; for the occasion the city organizes a fireworks show without equal;
- the Venice Film Festival, which usually takes place between the end of August and the beginning of September;
- The Regata Storica, historical Regatta, on the first Sunday of September, beautiful boats parading in the waters of the gran canal in front of San Marco, magnificently decorated by noble families, with in the center the Bucintoro, the boat of the Doge. After the parade, there is an exciting race of Venetian rowing between boats of different types, from 8 to 12 oarsmen;
- the Venice Marathon, which usually takes place in October, and attracts runners from all over the world.
It deserves a separate mention, the Festa di San Marco, on April 25. Feast of the Patron Saint of the city, was enriched in the time of another very romantic detail, the Festa del Bòcolo: on the day of San Marco, it is customary to give wives and girlfriends, a red rose bud, according to a legend that dates back to the times of the Roman emperor Charlemagne.